iPhone Tracks You With Dead Battery

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Ok. Number 1 I don't believe this poop. Another thing is if the NSA cares how much exercise I get when my phones dead they can have that info.

----------

Very paranoid that apple knows I took 6,183 steps yesterday! :eek:
Me too!!! What are they going to do send me a treadmill.

Last edited:

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I'm kind of scared and disappointed people keep up with the whole "Who cares if you don't do anything wrong you don't have anything to worry about".

Regardless that article doesn't have anything to do with the NSA nor is the information stored of any use to anyone other then the owner of the phone.

There is a certain level of healthy self awareness and questioning then there is paranoia and jumping to conclusions.

cyks

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2002
Westchester County, NY
I'm kind of scared and disappointed people keep up with the whole "Who cares if you don't do anything wrong you don't have anything to worry about".

Regardless that article doesn't have anything to do with the NSA nor is the information stored of any use to anyone other then the owner of the phone.

There is a certain level of healthy self awareness and questioning then there is paranoia and jumping to conclusions.
Except that this thread is nothing but paranoia and jumping to conclusions.

I7guy

macrumors Core
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Except that this thread is nothing but paranoia and jumping to conclusions.
It's another good to know but that is where it ends. I guess that case can be made that in event of a criminal prosecution your phone can be used as evidence against you. I don't really care that this particular situation happens, sounds like the M7 is doing what the M7 is designed to do.

If you don't like this, your option is to ditch the iphone and go back to an LG 8300.

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
It's the daily mail. They love nothing more than a good exaggerated scandal.

I'm surprised they didn't blame illegal immigrants, or claim that the pedometer causes cancer (only UK people will get this :p).

Ayr

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2014
No. Some people suspected the NSA was spying on us and the remainder of the world without any oversight. Having it proven doesn't really change anything.
Are you saying that more people aren't aware since the Snowden leaks?