Iphone trade-in Policy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by phas3, May 24, 2010.

1. phas3 macrumors 65816

I didn't really know what to title this thread. But anyway, say I get an iphone 3gs in the next two weeks. If they release the iphone hd next month in June, Is it possible for me to trade in my 3gs for the new one?

2. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

I think technically yes. I believe you get 30 days (with AT&T) to decide whether or not you like the phone. I'd be careful though because Apple probably won't release the new iPhone on the 7th when its announced. If you buy the 3GS too early the next iPhone's launch may fall outside your 30 day window.

3. MikhailT macrumors 601

Source

Why don't you just wait a couple of weeks, the date will be announced on July 7th. It's less of a hassle if you just wait.

4. hushmartin macrumors 6502

Seriously, Wait. You aren't five years old- have some patience. :rolleyes: I know it's hard, but I'm sure you can manage. All you'd be doing is throwing away 20 to 30 bucks in restocking fees.

5. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Based on some of the threads posted here it seems you may be wrong. :cool:

6. Typeriz macrumors newbie

becareful though because it might be sold out unless you wait in line? :p

7. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

This is why it's good to get things from best buy. I'm a reward zone silver member and i get an extended 40 day return policy. As well as No Restocking fee for any product. :cool:

8. jhip20 macrumors newbie

Just take it to Radio Shack. They just started selling the iphone and with it they have an exchange program. Of course, if you just got a new 3gs and wanted to trade it, your not going to get all your money back...

But for those of you who have a 3g or 3gs, this could be an easy way into a new iphone!

9. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

you make a very confusing sentence. if your buying one in 2 weeks it would be already june

10. aristobrat macrumors G5

If you buy the iPhone from an Apple Retail Store, there isn't a 10% restock if it's returned "open", as they require you open (and activate) the phone while you're in the store. FWIW.

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. To me it would not be worth the hassle, and I would just wait.

12. phas3 thread starter macrumors 65816

the reason for this thread was that my gfs blackberry is going to crap on her any day now. She really wants an Iphone and it seems it's very unlikely that her blackberry would make it through the release of the new iphone.

13. MikhailT macrumors 601

Can you just get like a pre-paid phone or a cheap unlocked phone to last her till the new iphone?

14. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Go to AT&T, buy a cheap Go phone and pop her SIM into it.