Iphone trade in Question for T-Mobile

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stevejobs>apple, Oct 3, 2016.

1. stevejobs>apple macrumors newbie

stevejobs>apple

I gave tmobile the iem number for my phone that im trading in once I get my jb iphone 7 plus coming from UPS Today!!

I originally had planned to trade in my iphone 6 plus but decided to trade in my wifes iphone 6 instead. Is it possible to trade in a different phone than the one I had originally told them? Has anyone done that before? Also do I ship it back using the box they sent my iphone 7 in?

My wifes phone is a little more beat up and worth less so I figured it would make more sense to trade hers in.

Thanks! Oh and my preorder was not suppose to ship until 11/1-11/30 but I got charged on friday, got tracking on saturday and its getting delivered today! Can't wait!

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Probably get better answers by calling TMO and asking them directly.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I don't think you'll have a problem but I'd give them a call in case they need to update something on their end for the returned device.

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

In all honesty you might not lol. Call three different times and get three different answers. Haha

If I were the OP I would just take the iPhone 6 in to a T-Mobile store and have them process it. They will give you a receipt for it and everything. I wouldn't do anything via mail. Too many bad experiences there.

5. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Haha very true, but as AppleJuiced mentioned, they will probably have to update the IMEI and process it differently. Then they can answer the shipping back question.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I tried the same but they wouldn't except my phones. They said I had to mail them in with the prepaid labels they provided.

7. stevejobs>apple thread starter macrumors newbie

stevejobs>apple

I chatted with a tmob rep and they said to redo a label online with the new info and the old label will expire after 2 weeks. Hope they are right!

8. chscag macrumors 68000

I agree. I had no problems whatsoever by doing my trade in directly at a T-Mobile store where I was given paper work and an agreement for payments, etc. Besides, the sales person takes the new phone out of the box so you can see what condition it's in. You can't do any of that by mail. Of course if you don't have a T-Mobile store local to you, then you have no choice but deal with mail. :oops:

9. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

My understanding is that they just "get the ball rolling" early and they don't actually care what you turn in. I was actually told (possibly incorrectly since I've honestly been told things differently often) that as long as I turn in a phone that is the same make and model they don't even care about color or imei. This is regarding the JoD program.

I mailed three phones in and they lost them for three months. I confirmed twice I was supposed to get a SINGLE mailing label for all three and after I shipped and checked why they hadn't credited me they said it was all wrong; each device needs its own. I'm never doing that again. But I didn't have a choice. Three of my lines each had two installment plans active on them because yup, you guessed it, somebody done ****ed up with that too...

10. formerpc macrumors 6502

I'd ask the Twitter T-Force team. They've got the best info and are the most helpful of any of the customer service avenues.