Iphone transfers calendar dates / times incorrectly to macbook

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by superspud, Jan 12, 2009.

1. superspud macrumors regular

ok so i wasnt sure how to word that but here is the problem.

I set a date in my calendar on my iphone and when i connect it to sync to my macbook it gets transfered two hours late. I used to live in las vegas where we WERE on a different time zone but now i am back in houston.

the alarms / reminders go off correct on my iphone but they are all two hours late on my macbook.

:confused::confused::confused:

2. wenglish macrumors member

This sounds like a timezone issue, since Vegas & Houston are two timezones apart.

There are two place on the iPhone to set the timezone. One under Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars and the other under General -> Date & Time (for the latter in order to set the timezone you have to turn OFF Set Automatically).

Then make sure your MacBook has the timezone set correctly (can't help you there).

Mike

3. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Thanks, you're awesome! I was having the same problem and was just about to post about it when I found this thread.

4. superspud thread starter macrumors regular

thank you thank you thank you... this was driving me absolutely insane! I had the right time on both just didnt change the time zone on iphone... i'll see how this works out...!