Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacTastic87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 13, 2010
Okay I have had some trouble trying to replace my cracked digitizer. I installed everything according to step by step instructions but for some reason the digitizer just didn't perform how it is supposed to. Then I figured I should send it into Rapid Repair and see what they would come up with. They diagnosed the problem and told me it was the digitizer (no duh) and that the cost would be $140. To me that seems a little steep considering I bought one online for like 15 bucks. I figured since they are a professional repair service maybe they knew something I didn't know about replacing the part. For some reason though I think that is too high, but if I want my iPhone repaired I don't really see any other option. Any advice?

kAoTiX

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
Midlands, UK
Well you're also paying for their time, the time it takes them to repair it, right?

$140 - $15 parts cost = $125 per hour pay for rapid repair.
Where do I sign up to work for them?

Just because they say they're 'Professionals' doesn't constitute paying them approx $125 an hour to repair your phone.
If you got a digitizer from eBay or similar and it isn't working correctly, you should contact the person you purchased the part from.

chargit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2010
Evansville, In
Digitizer

when you buy off eBay that is what you get!!! most legitimate repair shops use real replacement parts not some crap off eBay. I repair them every day with OEM Replacement parts and I have never had one come back. I have bought several off of eBay to cut my cost but only had one work. so I bought 5 more from the same seller and none of them worked!! I charge $100 for the repair and $10 for return shipping and $5 for paypal if they dont send cash or postal money order.

kAoTiX

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
Midlands, UK
First of all, I have no idea how you could break the LCD. Its screwed in, slides/falls out when you unscrew the metal panel.
Secondly, why are you hijacking someone elses thread to post a 'review' on a website (including links etc - advertise much?).

Sorry but this should either be on their website or in your own thread. I dont see why you had to post it here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.