iPhone truly is versatile

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daneoni, Jul 25, 2009.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I currently have my mac in for repairs and have been relying solely on my iPhone to remain 'connected' and have found that Im not missing my mac as much as I thought I would do

I have access to several games, can surf the web...keeping up with my favorite sites (posting this from the phone now), I can catch up on my Youtube and podcasts subscriptions...in fact I have several downloading in iTunes as I type this. I also have two movies I'd forgotten about should I decide to watch something later and can rent from iTunes if I want something new

I can also stay in touch on/update facebook, check and reply mails, IM etc. The phone is just so versatile and I didn't fully grasp the extent till now as I mostly used the 'phone' part. Then I ask myself would I have these many options on other devices whilst retaining as great a UI experience...maybe...probably not

Obviously there are still things
    missing such as ability to type/edit office files (Dataviz's offering still suck) but still...for a phone...

The downside to this versatility is of course...battery life. Why oh why didn't Apple use a 1500mAh battery instead of 1210mAh *Sigh*

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I know right, its a phone AND and iPod. :D

Buy a battery backup for 40 or so.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

It's a great replacement for a laptop, that's for sure. I'd rather type on a laptop, of course. And it does suck having limited safari and file access. Also, no printing. But all in all, a great thing to have.

4. Macjames macrumors 6502a

I can read Macrumours and browse the forum while on the toilet, if that is not a sign of greatness i don't know what is :D

5. Che Castro macrumors 603

6. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Rolling a Yahtzee while taking a massive gassive is also a religious experience.

7. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

Sorry I have nothing of value to add to this thread.

But...

[​IMG]

That was just damn funny.

8. milani macrumors 68000

milani

:eek::D!!! Lol.

9. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

Ohhh man....... I can't play Yahtzee anymore without thinking of this post..

10. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

iPhone is great and with addition of a VNC client I use mac desktops even less.

11. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

I really don't think VNC is all that useful. I don't know why you would VNC for day-to-day tasks. I do, however, use iSSH for my SSH needs. This is much more practical.

12. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

So wrong...yet so funny

13. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

Hmmmmm ..... and here I was at iHeaven, I mean the apple store, earlier and was thinking how cool the MB13 is :D

But yeah the iPhone is a pretty awesome and flexible palm computer. Posting with it now.

14. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I had to rely on my 2G as my only "computer/communicator" for a while last year as my G4 PowerBook died and I wanted to wait until the newer MBP's were released and i must say the iPhone did a pretty good job of keeping me connected to the information I needed. Of course this newer 3GS is FAR better and I find myself using it instead of my MBP or new Acer NetBook more and more each day...the 3GS truly is like a Mac in your pocket...;):apple:

15. mikey28 macrumors 6502

I love my iphone. I have consciously tried to use it all aspects of my life. There is so much that I NEED it for now (email, work-outs, texting, talking, music, book-reading, audiobooks, GPS/ directions)

I absolutely love it. And for me the difference between this and a blackberry? The iPhone is absolutely user friendly. It's all so seamless.