iPhone turned off by itself

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by John88, Sep 5, 2011.

1. John88 macrumors member

Okay so a couple months ago after I hung up a phone call, it shut itself off, was unresponsive/ dead for around 15 minutes, till i was able to turn it on. So I thought no biggie, never happened again. Now the past couple weeks my iPhone has been somewhat laggy, and when I got a call it wouldn't slide to unlock (only happened once). And now I was playing on it for around 10 minutes, take my eye off the screen, and it shut itself off again! This time it was unresponsive for around 5 minutes till I was able to turn it on... Anyone know why it shuts itself off and becomes unresponsive for x minutes? Been hearing a slight ticking noise during calls through the earpiece once in awhile too.

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Sounds like the same problem you had in May. Is the phone running current firmware? Has it be jailbroken?

PS the ticking is the feds listening in. ;)

3. John88 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah it is, but only the 2nd time it has happened now, so wondering if this is an issue or just a bug in the software. I am on the current release and not jail broken.