Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puthiyakunnel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
I have an iPhone 2G which got wet sometime back. It was jailbroken and unlocked. I put it in rice for few days and tried to turn it on. It turns on but after the apple logo is displayed it is going black and turning off.
Could someone help me with this? Will it come back on if I try the recovery mode on it?

Please advise.

kfergiez

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2010
You COULD try and put it into that mode by pressing and holding both the power and home button for ten seconds until the apple logo pops up. If it still doesn't work, try to sync it with a computer, and if THAT doesn't work.... get a new phone.

puthiyakunnel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Finally the iPhone turned back on after I restored it by putting it in DFU mode. Now it is on the connect to iTunes screen and not going anywhere. I put in my T Mobile SIM and I can receive calls. But cannot go to the home screen. iTunes says the SIM is not supported. I see the T Mobile signal. Could I have lost the unlock and jailbreak when I restored it?

What are the steps to unlock and jailbreak iPhone 2G?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.