iPhone turns off. Battery problem?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fixu86, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Fixu86 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    since some weeks I've a problem with my iPhone 6 (still under warranty until end of march 2016). It often turns automatically off when the battery level is between 20-30%. After this I'm not able to start it, the iPhone has to be plugged to the charger. As soon as plugged in the iPhone starts up and battery level is showing almost the same Level as before the shutdown (between 20-30%).
    I've already spoken to Apple Support concerning this issue and they have made a remote battery check. Unfortunately the test was OK, so it looks like there is no problem with my battery. Apple said I should backup, factory reset and set it up as a brand new iPhone without backup (they think it is an iOS issue). I'm not happy with that, because I'm afraid to loose my data and configuration stored on my iPhone.

So, does anyone of you already had a similar problem?

PS: Currently I'm running iOS 9.2 and I've several times tried to calibrate my battery (let it drop until 0% and Charge it until 100% without interupting the charging process).

Cheeers, Felix

2. Myrdin76 macrumors newbie

I've had this problem too, but I was able to restart it by doing a hard reset (hold power+home button for +- 10 sec). After restarting the device it kept working until the battery was at 0%. I have only encountered this problem twice by the way.

3. Fixu86 thread starter macrumors newbie

@Myrdin76
    I've already tried a hard reset, but in my case it didn't help. Sometimes it works to discharge my battery to 0% but in most of the cases it shuts down between 20-30%

4. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

For goodness sake take the phone into Apple and have them check the battery while still under warranty. No one here can tell you if your battery may be going south. It happens. Please take it in.

5. Fixu86 thread starter macrumors newbie

@HEK
    I also thought about that. But I haven't an Apple Store just around the Corner. And only to get the same answer as I've already received by Apple Support via phone isn't worth to travel to an Apple Store.

6. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

If you continue to have the problem, perhaps you will need to try the rest of what Apple support recommended to do. Just make sure you have phone backed up first both in iCloud and in iTunes on your computer.

7. Vicrooloo macrumors regular

Use that warranty bro, make an appointment and just slot it in after a good Sunday/Saturday morning breakfast

Maybe take some time and shop around the mall for a bit for some home decor stuff. Have some boba tea or a smoothie and watch other Apple-zen's etc.

Why are people so scared of going to an Apple store to check their phones out?

8. posguy99 macrumors 6502

Battery has one or more bad cells. Replace the battery. Who replaces the battery, can't say, but replace the battery.