Iphone turns off randomly

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ssb333, Oct 29, 2008.

1. ssb333 macrumors member

My iphone 2G turns off randomly. I it is still under limited warranty but I bought the phone from ebay and I unlocked it and jailbreaked it.

Can I get apple to fix it or replace my phone? Do I have to delete everything (cydia and the fact that its unlocked) b4 I take it to them or can I just leave it and take it?

Any advice would be much appreciated it. I am going today to the Genius Bar.

2. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

I would restore it (therefore unjailbreaking, too) and see if it fixes your problem, if not take it to the Apple Store.

3. ssb333 thread starter macrumors member

But if I restore it won't I have to activate it again? Because the warranty does not work unless the phone is activated, right? I don't have AT&T.

4. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Yeah, you do... Thats a bit of a problem... Well there is nothing you can do, really, they wont do anything to your iPhone if its not been activated and they wont do anything if its been jailbroken... You're screwed if its a hardware problem :(

5. cbrain macrumors 65816

cbrain

May sound a bit daft and obvious, but have you checked to see if it's charged?

6. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Sorry for being off-topic but I like your avatar, Fonejacker is so funny! :D

7. cbrain macrumors 65816

cbrain

Thanks! I think I've found an avatar I'm going to stick with now! :D

8. ssb333 thread starter macrumors member

Yea its charged. When ever it turns off I just slide it and turn it on again. It takes like 3 seconds, but its annoying because if I am watching a movie it'll turn off and I have to go back to it again and then it'll turn of again maybe in ten minutes or 30 minutes.

9. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Check auto sleep in the settings, make sure its off.

10. ssb333 thread starter macrumors member

Auto sleep doesn't come into effect if you are watching a movie or playing a game.

I will be touching the screen and it'll still turn off!