Iphone turns on and off

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by psychotropic, Jun 29, 2008.

1. psychotropic macrumors regular

I was wondering if anyone else was having this trouble....my Iphone will be on the couch next to me (turned off) and all the sudden it will turn onto the screen with the time, picture, and the slide bar to turn on. Now I haven't touched it or done anything and it recently has been doing this alot. Has anyone else had these problems? Are there anyways to make this stop? I tried doing a search and found nothing so please don't yell if this has been asked.

Thanks for reading and replying.

2. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Is it turning off all the way or just going in and out of sleep/wake?

3. psychotropic thread starter macrumors regular

It goes in and out of sleep/wake mode...

4. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Have you tried turning the phone completely off and on again?

5. psychotropic thread starter macrumors regular

Yes I did both what I believe is called a hard and soft reset and it still happens. Its not an every ten seconds deal, but it happens frequently (maybe even more than I am aware of because I often keep it in a leather case on my belt.

6. doubletorment macrumors newbie

Pretty sure i found the cure

i had the exact same problem on my 2G iphone v 2.2 and it kept bringing up the message saying that this device isnt compatable with the iphone but it would sometime just flicker but sometimes it would stay on. the way i fixed this problem is i went to walmart and on one of the display ihome things i put my iphone on it and it gave me the message but after i removed it i never got the message again. i hope this works for you guys. it really got irritating :)

7. nimda0 macrumors 6502

nimda0