iPhone turns on, but screen is just black!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ambo, Oct 12, 2009.

1. ambo macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I got caught in a downpour with the phone off. Long story short, i plugged it in when I got home and it felt like the battery had shorted out. It was hot as hell! I quickly unplugged it, but it was too late. Wouldn't charge and wouldn't turn on.

I bought a new battery, replaced it, and voila! *da dink!* it started to charge immediatly after plugging it in. So I go to turn it on...screen backlight looks to turn on, but it's all black. Everything, black. However, the PC recognizes an iPhone got plugged in. Okay, so it's powering on. I put in a SIM card and call the #. *MARIMBA!* It's alive! But, screen is still black.... Doh!

Did the LCD get fried or is the motherboard fried?

HELP!

2. kAoTiX macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

If you replaced the battery you sound like you know how to take the phone apart. Buy a replacement LCD off eBay as they're really quite cheap and replace it.

You really don't have any other option from what I can see. Other than that put it on eBay and buy a new one!

3. ambo thread starter macrumors newbie

That's actually exactly what I'm going to replace. LCD is on it's way to my house.

I already bought a 3GS but I'd like to get the 3G fixed and sell it on eBay to recoup some of the 3GS costs:(