iPhone turns on by itself

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by crazy$hark, Jun 11, 2011.

1. crazy$hark macrumors regular

crazy$hark

I have iPhone 4 (4.3.3 JB). Today suddenly a popup came up sying that this acessory is not optimized for the iphone. It pops up about every 30 seconds. When i try to turn my iphone off, it automatically restarts. Please help!!!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sounds like water/liquid damage or hardware issue to me.

3. Dangeresque macrumors newbie

Dangeresque

Not necessarily. Could be a ton of different things. But if you have a recent iPhone, look for two patches of paper at the bottom of the headphone port and at the center rear of the dock connector. White (generally) means no water damage; pink means you're SOL.

If you're in the clear, have you tried restoring the phone or using a different charger/USB cable?

4. crazy$hark thread starter macrumors regular

crazy$hark

I cant find the patches of paper (but I see no pink anywhere). How could water damage affect my iPhone 4 in this way?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Water damage always effects electronics that way and makes them do weird stuff like that.
    There's a moist sensor inside the headphone jack and on the bottom charging port. Get a flashlight and see if those are white or if they turned pink/red.

6. crazy$hark thread starter macrumors regular

crazy$hark

I can see the one in the headphone jack (its white), but i can find the one on the bottom charging port (its really dusty).

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You'd be able to see it on the bottom if it was red or pink. If its white/silver then you'll probably miss it so that's a good sign.
    I'd just bring it to Apple to have it replaced since its still under warranty.
    But before you do restore it and setup as new just to rule out that its not a software/firmware issue.

8. milani macrumors 68000

milani

Can you restore your phone? The only way to tell if it's hardware or not is to restore your device to factory, see if the problem is happening, and then if not try restoring your backup.

9. crazy$hark thread starter macrumors regular

crazy$hark

How long does apple warranty last?

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

1 year.