iPhone TV advert - just noticed...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tucker101uk, Aug 26, 2008.

1. tucker101uk macrumors member

When the phone rings at the end, it shows the name across the top, and then a small picture, and the main wallpaper in the middle...

Thats different to when mine rings??? I get a screensize pic of the contact, or just the wallpaper?

2. bbotte macrumors 65816

bbotte

if you associate the pic in outlook first and then sync the contacts to the phone, it does this I have read.

3. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Or on a Mac, you have to go into Address Book, choose the photos there, and then sync to your iPhone.

4. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Personally I prefer a full-screen version of the photo.

5. squeakyclutch macrumors member

squeakyclutch

Maybe calls from John Appleseed are inherently different on iPhones. :rolleyes:

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I like the small ones.

Wouldn't it be nice for us if there was an option on the phone to let us choose which way we wanted, instead of it being determined solely by HOW you put the photo on the phone.

But I guess that makes too much sense. Ugh.

7. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

I suspect that your eyes are better than mine!

I agree though that choice would be good.

8. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Ok, well while we're dreaming, YES, I would like the small photos to be twice the size they are. That would make me happy too!

But I find the full-screen look to be so tacky looking. I just can't go that far.

It doesn't really matter. I have dozens of photos in my Address Book already. It's not like I'm gonna let that all go to waste. I'll be using those photos...however the iPhone wants to show them, well, I guess I'll be going along with that.

9. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

if the photo is added on the iPhone, then you format it for a full screen. so when they call, its full screen.

on outlook/address book, you format the picture for the small box, so this is what appears

on a side note, anyone with diffrent sizes for each person who is bothered by the discrepancy can edit the photo from the phone, change nothing, and have a full screen picture for all their contacts

10. Knolly macrumors 6502a

What they all said... I noticed that when it happened too but now my phone is on the address book format so I was like "oicy."

11. tucker101uk thread starter macrumors member

.............oicy!!! ;)

Something else that drives me nuts, is the menu that pops up during a call obscures the photo... Its not a biggie, cos obviously you're holding the phone to the side of your head.... duh! lol - just a little niggle!