iPhone Twitter App that updates timeline in the background?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Xystence, May 25, 2011.

1. Xystence macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Hey all are there any twitter clients for iOS that will auto update the timeline in the background? Because of the limited time I have at work to get to my phone and update the twitter app myself. I remember there being several on android when I had one some time ago, are there any?

Thanks in advance!!!

2. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

It's not possible for an app to work like this in iOS (without jailbreaking the device).

Some Twitter apps can use Push Notifications to tell you when a specific person tweets or someone sends you an @reply.

Some of the Apps are better than others at refreshing the timeline when you open the App (some take longer than others, mostly due to how much of the timeline they actually load).

3. Xystence thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Bummer, none of them push the timeline I'm guessing?

4. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

The official app doesn't, but I'm not sure if others do.

The obvious problem would be that you'd get an intrusive notification for every single tweet!

I'm not sure how many people you follow/how often they tweet, but that would drive me up the wall!

5. Xystence thread starter macrumors regular

Ya that's true, this is the one thing I miss about the droid I had lol. It updated itself and I never missed a single tweet lol