iphone & twitter

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Delta Heavy, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Delta Heavy macrumors member

HI All

I am hoping for some advice, recently i am getting a message on my iPhone - "" would like to access your twitter accounts, and then i get the option to allow or don't allow, however pressing either of these options does not clear the message on my screen and as, until this message is removed the phone is jammed i have to switch of or restart the iPhone, has anyone else had this issue and know of a way to sort this problem, so you are aware i use only the Twitter app from Twitter themselves and when i check in settings apps accessing the Twitter app is only the twitter app no other apps. Have i switched something off or on that is causing the problem? It seems to happen when i get a new follower on twitter but i can't be certain, it is also something that has only happened since having the apple watch, which i have installed twitter on to and also have twitter set up on the watch in glances. Any help much appreciated
    Thanks
    Bruce

2. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

Does this happen in an app such as Safari? Can you post a screenshot? This information may assist others in helping you troubleshoot the issue. I'm not sure if this is an SMS message, browser pop up or a flash sms.

3. Delta Heavy thread starter macrumors member

Hi there, it shows as a notification, i keep my phone locked, when i wake the phone it is in my notifications on the locked screen, i use touch id to unlock the phone but then the notification shows in the centre of the screen of the unlocked phone, when pressing allow or not allow it just pops back up and i have to switch the phone off. i will try for a screen shot next time it happens and post it
    thanks
    bruce

4. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

That sounds like a flash sms.

From Wikipedia:
    "A Flash SMS is a type of SMS that appears directly on the main screen without user interaction and is not automatically stored in the inbox. It can be useful in emergencies, such as a fire alarm or cases of confidentiality, as in delivering one-time passwords."

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_message_service#Flash_SMS

If this is the case, I wonder if you can contact your cell provider and see about blocking the phone number from which it originates.

5. Delta Heavy thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your help on this. It doesn't show on my notification screen as text i.e. in green it shows as a warning, a circle with the exclamation mark inside it (similar to the iCloud back up warning on notification screen), it doesn't appear in messages when i switch the phone back on, i have looked at the mobile notifications on my twitter app and turned off crisis and emergency alerts, ill see if this changes it. I will try to post a screen shot when it next happens, problem is i don't know when its going to happen as i don't know why its happening, for example it happened twice yesterday but hasn't happened previously to this since sometime last week
    Thanks
    Bruce

6. Delta Heavy thread starter macrumors member

IMG_1700.jpg
    my issue happens when i get a new follower on twitter, i have turned off new follower notification on my iPhone , below is a screen shot of the the notification i receive on my phone, any help greatly appreciated