iPhone TXT Messaging Problems

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by grantlv90, Oct 7, 2008.

1. grantlv90 macrumors newbie

I have had my iPhone 3G since the launch in July and my text messaging will not work. I can't send or receive messages. I contacted ATT and my account is active for text messaging. I have restored my iPhone several times and it still wont work. I even have the latest software updates. The problem is that I am not the only one that I know who is having this problem. Does anybody know of a solution? The phone worked great with text messaging when I first bought it.

2. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I've got a great solution for you: get on the horn with AT&T and/or set-up an exchange with Apple for a new iPhone.

3. grantlv90 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea I was already planning on doing that this week. I was hoping that it was just a bad setting. Thanks.

4. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

you didnt by any chance transfer your number from verizon or sprint? i've been hearing many complaints that transferring there number to at&t caused problems on there servers but then again i just heard that. Just schedule an appointment with the genius bar and see whats wrong.

5. grantlv90 thread starter macrumors newbie

I transfered the number from verizon about a year ago when I switched to the original iPhone. Never had a problem until about a month in with the new phone. I already scheduled an appointment with the Genius Bar.

6. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

I transferred from Verizon as well but have never had this problem. Granted, there could be issues with porting the number and the text but I would say there is a problem with the phone.

Take it back and get a replacement.