iPhone UI to Apple watch UI Will you like that?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Old geek 959, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Old geek 959 macrumors member

Old geek 959

The current iOS 8 is the best of what Apple can do. Its fast and so smart but the UI on it is almost 8 years old!.
    Yes you could argue that Apple changed that in iOS 7 a year ago but the changes is almost about the icons and the colors, No significant change happened nor the way you interact with apps on the home screen.

[​IMG]

But when Apple revealed the Watch months ago, They somehow leap forward to a new UI design which I think will revolutionize the iPhone/iPad experience.
    Apple needs tons of courage to do that because its going to be the biggest change Apple will do in the history of its mobile devices.
    If Apple done that in iOS9 will you like it?
    :apple:

[​IMG]

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Horrible UI, and if the iPhone embraces that, I'll be sure to leave the iOS platform. Maybe it will work for the watch, but having a random jumble of icons splayed across the screen is awful imo

3. RebornProphet Suspended

Agreed.

If Apple went with the Watch UI for iOS 9 my next smartphone would be a Nexus with stock Lollipop.

4. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I would hate that and I think many others would too. I don't think apples going to do something so stupid though.

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Oh, wow. Eight?

Did you know that the Macintosh has been using the same desktop metaphor for 30 years now?

So don't hold your breath over the iPhone.

6. devinthomas macrumors regular

I think if the larger icons towards the center/spotlight button are your most used apps and the apps that get smaller towards the edges are less used that'd make a lot of sense. However, I think this works better as more of a shortcut type thing. Like, shake your device with the screen off and the bubble array appears on screen for like 10 seconds to quick-launch your favorite application.

7. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

How about this: Touch your phone to your watch and it pops that mode up on the phone.

I don't like that UI as a main navigation but I give you and the OP credit for this merged idea...it would be a cool mode to enter as needed for the uses you've described.

8. deluxeshredder macrumors 6502a