iPhone UK details tonight

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hustle, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Hustle macrumors 6502a

I've been speaking to a technician at Apple for the last few weeks now as i've had some problems with my Macbook, and i asked him about the iPhone, and he told me that information regarding the iPhone release etc would be put up tonight after 6PM.

So we'll see.... :)

2. metoo6000 macrumors regular

Is it about the event on 9th Nov. or something else we haven't heard about iPhone yet?

Desperate to hear about PAYG on iPhone. :(

3. danielforman macrumors regular

Yeah I was wondering if we would see more today.

Got an email from Apple this morning telling me how to get ready for the iPhone with contacts, calendars, music etc. They did a slight update to the Apple UK iPhone page by putting a link to how to get ready for the iPhone on the big image part that says Coming 9th November.

Ad campaign should start tonight as reports said that they would start 2 weeks before relase of the iPhone and that this is a multi million pound campaign by O2.

Can't wait til it comes out.

4. TheChillPill macrumors regular

An 'official' PAYG iPhone is coming, but not until early next year. I still suspect an unofficial PAYG plan will be available in the same way as it is in the states.

Whilst it would obviously make sense for a PAYG option to be available now (with Xmas in mind), obviously they want anyone that qualifies for a contract to actually get it on contract.

5. metoo6000 macrumors regular

Thanks for your info, and how do you know this?

6. TheChillPill macrumors regular

It was brought up internally this week (within o2).

7. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

Considering a mainstream newspaper like The Guardian charges £50,000+ for a full single page, and a prime time TV slot on ITV will set you back £500,000 for 30 seconds, that's not much at all. I'd not be surprised if that figure was closer to five times that. I mean, £2m will buy you, at that rate, four TV spots...

8. danielforman macrumors regular

sorry it is multi million pound ad campaign not 2 million. Don't know where i got 2 million from:p

Thanks for pointing that out.

9. metoo6000 macrumors regular

Wow! :eek: Eh.... then why not 9th Nov? Looks like O2 wanna play a game with customers.... :mad:

When the initial sales spark is starting to down (I presume it will be after Christmas holiday), they will show the hidden card (PAYG)...
    Sounds reasonable... but NOT good for certain customers. :eek:

10. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

i take it the credit checks won't be as strict with the contract seeing as you have to pay £269 to buy the phone?

11. sananda macrumors 68020

this, if true, is very interesting news.

12. TheChillPill macrumors regular

That is the common feeling, and I certainly hope that will be the case (having just bought a new house myself, my rating will have taken a bit of a pounding lately!).

13. afd macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't worry too much about that, my credit rating was pretty cr*p a few years ago and o2 was the only network that would give me a contract. I did have to pay £99 deposit though, which I got back 6 months later.

14. Steve Jobs=God macrumors 6502

I hope the credit checks aren't that hard, at the moment a serial fraudster would have a better rating then me, but then maybe if i can convince my mum to take it out and i pay her the bill in cash....

PAYG would be the ideal solution however

15. dodonutter macrumors regular

I'm a student and i owe a silly amount of money as well as having over a thousand overdrawn and O2 have never batted an eyelid at giving me a contract nor have I ever had to pay a deposit so don't think people should be too worried

16. Chris Bangle macrumors 6502a

Early next year doesn't sound too bad. But im going to wait till around the 10th or 11th and see if there is a way to use PAYG like the option there is in America.

Thanks for the info people.

17. metoo6000 macrumors regular

Sounds like I should unlock iPhone and use it until O2 announces PAYG option.
    Nothing is easy... hmm.

18. MacMonkee macrumors regular

MacMonkee

I reckon they will just add some adverts on the UK website like they have on the US site. Hopefully some different ones showing cool new features that aren't shown in the States.

To be honest I want the iPhone soooooo bad that any information or update to the UK site will excite me beyond belief. :apple: