iPhone UK Launch Time?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alexdudman, Oct 24, 2007.

1. alexdudman macrumors member

Hello!
    I live in the UK and i am eager to get my hands on an iPhone on the 9th November.
    I have looked around the web and cannot find the time in which the phone will go on sale.
    Any ideas?

:confused:

2. BuxtonUK macrumors member

Simple and straight to the point.

o2 close their doors at 5:25pm, start stocking iPhones, security guards come around, 6pm rolls around, I'm first in the queue because I've broken everyone elses kneecaps with a baseball bat, buy iPhone.

The End.

3. sneeks macrumors 6502a

o2 told me their stores will shut at 2pm on the 9th and reopen at 6pm when the iPhone will be available to buy.

4. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

I thought they were going in sale at 6am?

Or is that CPW?

Or have I made that up as I've gone along?
    :confused:

5. dodonutter macrumors regular

Nope it's PM. Apple do love their crazy release times

6. MacMonkee macrumors regular

MacMonkee

Which store are you going to? I think I might try and avoid you...or maybe help bash some kneecaps

7. Frozentoast macrumors 6502

Frozentoast

The majority of people will be finishing work around that time so it's not that crazy. :)

8. thworple macrumors 6502

thworple

Yeah, I finish at 6, and will want to lay my hands on one straight away. Work round the corner from the Apple Store on Regents Street, but think that the queue there may be a little mental, so may head to the o2 store on Oxford Street instead, especially because there's a Carphone Warehouse opposite, and I can weigh up which looks the busiest.

9. Frozentoast macrumors 6502

Frozentoast

The one thing that will make this launch quintessentially British is no one will be cheering, no Apple staff will be clapping or welcoming you, and everyone will remain silent in a single-file orderly fashion.

I can't wait!

10. thworple macrumors 6502

thworple

yep - then we'll all grumble incoherently about how it "wasn't like this in our day" when they inform us they've sold out after 4 and half minutes, then shuffle off into the pouring rain toward the tube station, which will undoubtedly be closed due to a pigeon getting stuck in an escalator, and instead we'll head to a grotty pub, where we can't have a ciggie, can't find a seat, but can spend £3.90 for a pint of warm beer that tastes like a tramps armpit, and cry miserably that we didn't get the iPhone, and moan to anyone who'll listen that it's those bloody yanks that are to blame.

Or maybe thats just a regular Friday for me.....:rolleyes:

11. rivercottage macrumors member

Do you reccon they will run out of stock? its been almost impossible getting hands on an ipod touch, is it going to be a similar situation...?

trafford centre is my nearest store, but its always full of cool trendy loud people, may go to a nice quiet carphone warhouse store somewhere :)

been waiting for this phone for SO long!

...not happy about that 200mb though

:)
    RiverCottage

12. dodonutter macrumors regular

well i'm not in that majority :( so i say it is crazy!:p I start work at 6.45 and finish at 3 so may have to either take the day off or queue up and hope i can get out in time. Do only work about 3 mins from the Southampton apple store though so i'll see what the queue is like

hehehe, gotta love England :p

13. Brutalpootle macrumors member

Brutalpootle

Does anyone know if there any launch events planned? I'm moving to Greenwich next week so I might get my iPhone from the O2 if there's anything interesting happening.
    Otherwise there's a Carphone Warehouse around the corner from the flat :)

14. Pointer macrumors regular

Trafford Centre is my nearest store as well but I have to work Nov. 9th and won't finish until 3pm at the earliest. I don't really fancy queuing up at the Trafford Centre when I won't know anyone. There is a carphone warehouse store literally 150 yards from where I work so I think I will pop in there this week and make sure they will have some on the 9th and go in there and get one, only thing is I would prefer the service you get from an Apple Store.

15. ibanana macrumors 6502

the lack of information from apple, o2 or CPW is really annoying,it's in 2 weeks only and there wasn't any official information since ages....where are the official terms and condition, adverts, release time, etc ?????

16. rivercottage macrumors member

I think there's a carphone warehouse and an 02 shop in the trafford centre so may have a walk past and see which seems the least stressfull...i cant imagine massive crowds, especialy with the expensive contract?

I just have a feeling that if I dont get it day 1 theres gonna be a 14 day waiting time like the ipod touch...

:)
    RiverCottage

17. geezageek macrumors newbie

To buy or not to buy

Anyone any views on whether this is the right time to satiate our cravings? Or will the inscrutable Apple release a cheaper, better version early in the new year as expected? I think the whole deal on the phone is pretty draconian and maybe it's up to the Great British Public to speak up! It IS a great little product but there are also an increasing number of other fabulous fones coming our way. I for one am able to survive a little longer.

18. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

its going to be heaving at the o2 stores and cpw and apple stores in trafford centre. i was working on the night of the launch for leopard..that was hectic upstairs u had to see the queues! the iphone will be huge id advise u to get queuing early if i can cos it WILL be busy !:rolleyes:

19. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

i got mine in september and im happy with it but id say to wait a few months until they release a pay n go one maybe

20. geezageek macrumors newbie

Yes, maybe I'll wait until the hyped frenzy calms before buying. A 16G flash memory is surely a breath away and that's going to make a big difference to the iPhone.

21. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

it's alright you saying that coz you already have one lol!!!!!!!!!

8g is plenty that's what playlists are for!:D

22. afd macrumors 6502a

Was in the Glasgow Apple shop tonight and spoke to a couple of the apple people there about the iPhone. They both said they hadn't been told of the release time on Friday, it was still to be announced. They said o2 and CPW both had the 6:02pm time but didn't know about themselves. Maybe Apple shops will sell them earlier in the day? Doubt it, but hope they do, won't have time to get one on Friday if I have to wait till after 6.

23. alFR macrumors 68020

Hmm, anyone else think it's odd that there's no release time yet on the Apple website? The Leopard launch time was on their news page 10d before launch, we're only 3d away now and no info. Also, nothing on the UK retail stores website about closures on Friday. Could they be just starting selling on Friday AM?

24. RossoA macrumors 6502

RossoA

Nothing on the Store's pages about closing - but there's certainly nothing else happening on the 9th:

[​IMG]

:cool: