Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Crave.net.co.uk posts a video from the UK launch of the iPhone at Regent Street on November 9th, 2007:

Last Friday Crave attended the UK launch of the Apple iPhone, one of the craziest technology events we've ever been to. The queues were massive outside the Apple store on Regent Street and the atmosphere was absolutely manic, even cult-like.

Article Link

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
Haha that was quite funny. The one kid when he gets out of the store says "It's better than sex!" :eek: ... although he seems a bit young, haha :D

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
From what I have been hearing, the iPhone is not selling as fast as Apple would have hoped.

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
Haha that was quite funny. The one kid when he gets out of the store says "It's better than sex!" :eek: ... although he seems a bit young, haha :D

I think the vibrate function on that iPhone is going to wear out in a matter of weeks with that kid:eek::p

From what I have been hearing, the iPhone is not selling as fast as Apple would have hoped.

Interesting. I suppose that market is more difficult to break into since their phone market is so competitive. Not to mention the fact that the rate plans are more expensive than their American counterparts.

LeviG

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006
Norfolk, UK

same here (and I'm in the UK) - I went and looked at one today (carphone warehouse, I was the only customer in store) and basically the woman didn't have a clue, the man was like you definately want one (ie thinking bloke like tech etc). Couldn't convince me even after playing with it, its a nice os but overpriced tariffs and the cost of the phone don't help it - with the current raising costs in living expenses in the uk £35+ a month soon hits hard and people think more about it.

As for the video - how many are staff and media versus customers :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.