Iphone UK question clear up

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Yourpally, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Yourpally macrumors newbie

I have ordered my uk iphone 1.1.2 and understand how to unlock it from reading threads on this forum but just have a question i need answering before i do anything to it.

I ordered the phone direct from apple online and all it says on the website that i have found is ' 18-month agreement with O2 required. For personal use only, not for resale. Order quantities limited online.' Now does this mean that I am legaly bound to enter into the contract? I am worried that I will buy the phone then later down the line I will be contacted to ask why I never entered into the contract. I am going to unlock the phone and use a pay and go sim until i can open it to all networks but never never never will i enter a 18month contract with 02. I dont even get network coverage where i live from 02!

I know other threads have touched upon this subject but I need confirmation that i wont get stung later on.

2. gimmeiphone macrumors 6502

well all it says is you should activate within 14 days, but it doesnt say you MUST activate within 14 days, so all you could say is oh i havnt activated it yet :) i think they say you should activate it within 14 days coz thats the time you have to take it back for a refund, incase ur not happy or its a dodgy unit

3. neveleven macrumors member

neveleven

4. Yourpally thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I understand how to get it so I can use any 02 card in it but also I have been told that Turbosim works with 1.1.2 and it tricks the phone into thinking the sim is a genuine 02 card so you can use any network. Is this right or a load of tosh?

5. ascham87 macrumors regular

ascham87

That's correct. As of right now there is no software unlock for 1.1.2 iPhones manufactured after November 1st (or thereabouts). This includes ALL UK iPhones. In order to "unlock" a UK iPhone at the moment, you'll need to use the TurboSIM method. I would imagine that if you know about the method, you know how to use it.
    Cheers