iPhone UK questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hldomster, Jul 20, 2009.

1. hldomster macrumors member

Hey,

I'm about to order an iPhone from mobiles.co.uk but I have a few questions:
    1. When is the 16GB model expected to be back in stock?
    2. On O2's website it mentions that free access to The Cloud wifi hotspots is included. Is this only included if you buy direct from O2, or is it included no matter where you get a contract iPhone 3GS?
    3. If I buy from elsewhere, can I still insure my iPhone through O2's Premier insurance policy?

Thanks in advance.

2. danbalsh macrumors regular

1) dunno

2) yes

3) yes within 28 days of activation.

3. sorenjorvang macrumors newbie

I bought a white 16GB 3GS from the UK online Apple Store on Thursday and received it Friday despite the delivery estimate of 5 business days.

It is included with any O2 iPhone SIM.

Don't know, but at a glance it appears that this insurance scheme is only available with monthly contracts, which is a mug's game in itself.

4. sallythemac Guest

1. It comes in drips and drabs, and CPW are at the bottom of the list for getting stock.

2. Yes it's part of the iPhone Tariffs - so any iPhone taken from O2, CPW or Apple will have it.

3. No you can't - o2 will only insure handsets purchased from themselves.

5. hldomster thread starter macrumors member

I can get mobile phone insurance from Endsleigh for £39, covering loss, theft and accidental damage (£50 excess thought). They say they'll replace it with a phone of 'similar specification or value at [their] discretion'. They'll have to replace an iPhone with an iPhone, right? Anyone heard anything about their insurance policy, and whether they do this?

6. londonmystery macrumors 6502

londonmystery

As far as the insurance goes, it can be done no matter where the phone was purchased from as long as its within 28 days. Just go to the website, there is a link there for it. Up until recently i worked for O2.

A lot of bank accounts now offer free mobile phone insurance as well as a lot of other benifits, I get gadget cover, mobile phone cover and quite a few other perks for £14.50 a month. Well worth it I think. Barclays Additions or Premier life accounts do it. Might be worth checking your own bank to see what there accounts offer.

Hope this helps:):)

7. chappy87 macrumors regular

Well I'm with Endsleigh, and when I spoke to the guy there he noted that I had an iPhone and offered me mobile insurance on top of the insurance I was taking our for my student room, so I would hope so!

8. hldomster thread starter macrumors member

Got this email today:

Does this mean I've passed the credit check, and the phone will be dispatched when available. What does it mean that it's been passed to the 'Quality Team for further checks'?

9. londonmystery macrumors 6502

londonmystery

As I understand it; credit check passed, now checking availability of your chosen handset. :):)

10. hldomster thread starter macrumors member

I hope so. Shortly after that, I got the following email:

You think I'm definitely through the credit check? Can anyone from CPW or mobiles.co.uk confirm this? I really hope so, it's just a friend of mine said that some mobile contract seller can be weird about this, and the other email may not necessarily mean I've passed the credit check.

11. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

Usually, if it gets to that stage, then you will have passed the credit check. However, I've never gone with CPW, so I can't confirm. There's no harm in calling CPW :)

12. hldomster thread starter macrumors member

I emailed them, here is their reply:

I'm very happy :) Just got to find some decent and affordable insurance now.