iPhone UK - Temp number for 5 Days!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joshysquashy, Oct 12, 2007.

1. joshysquashy macrumors 6502a

Sorry if we already know this, but just read this on the Carphone Warehouse site:

So, like other phones work with transfering numbers (in the UK), you could have to wait 5 days till the number switches across. A bit annoying when you can't even put your old sim in the iPhone for those few days.

I think in America it took a matter of hours to port a number, not days!

2. stebbo macrumors newbie

Carphone Warehouse wont offer the upgrade scheme either, so you need to buy yourself out of your contract, which is why I bought a US iPhone to unlock.

3. page3 macrumors 6502

This is standard practice across all providers in the UK.

4. notsofatjames macrumors 6502a

notsofatjames

just because it says 5 days, doesn't mean that it will take 5 days. They say that just to stop people complaining if it takes too long. Through experience, it takes about 4-5 hours. Overnight generally for me, because i usually buy my phones in the evening.

5. stebbo macrumors newbie

I mean even if you're on 02 through CW.

6. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

o2 have said that you will be aloud to switch your contract to the new iphone contract..... With NO penalties.

7. studentmac macrumors regular

Im a pay and go 02 customer and im very surprised to see they'll port over my number, which is going to make things a lot easier!

8. paulo999 macrumors member

Carphone Warehouse have said (to me) that they will be doing the same as O2...

i.e. if you are on O2 billed by CW, you will be able to take a new 18 month iphone contract, and terminate the old one with no penalties.

The only condition is that the old contract was from before UK iphone launch (september... the exact date I forget)

stebbo When you say CW won't offer the upgrade scheme, do mean not offer it for O2 billed by CW, or do you mean they won't 'upgrade' for other carriers?

9. stebbo macrumors newbie

I phones them last week and they told me the only way I could get an iphone was to buy myself out, as 02 are excusively looking after the iPhone, and will not be billed through carphone warehouse or any other 're-sellers'.