Iphone UK Warranty - Unlocked/Not Activated

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dasher2008, Oct 12, 2008.

1. dasher2008 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've purchased a couple of months ago an Iphone 8GB and it has been working very well since then. Only now I can see on the right handside of the screen a line of pixels which have a different colour, depending on how long I use the Iphone the more visible it is. It's not really a major thing as sometimes its hard to notice. But I would like to get it fixed as perhaps it becomes worse in the future.

The device has still warranty. But I have unlocked it and not activated. Am using my own O2 simcard for it and not the one provided with the handset and iphone monthly package.

Will this device still be under warranty? Currently software 2.0.2 is installed. Do I need to bring all settings back and lock the phone again? What is the best way to do it. And if I have the handset in DFU mode, it will be probably difficult to show the screen problem? How to do deal with this? Have bought the iphone in the UK with Carphoneware house.

Your help is much appreciated!

2. sparkyms macrumors 65816

In order for you to get it sorted you'll need to simply revert the phone back to locked state and activate with a PAYG o2 SIM, as they let you use PAYG for the original iPhone after the 3G came out, take it to an apple store and they'll probably just swap it out for a new one.

3. dasher2008 thread starter macrumors newbie

great, that sounds like a good solution.

Will try it tomorrow straight away!

Thanks