iPhone unable to restore?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TheAppleGeek, Apr 18, 2010.

1. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

Hey guys! This is my first post on the forums, and unfortunately, I need help with my current iPhone 3G.

This past weekend, my iPhone began to act strangely. On Friday, it was raining all day, and I was out in it. The whole time, though, I made sure no water would get anywhere near the phone, and to my knowledge, nothing leaked inside of it. But, about 5PM, the Home button becomes unresponsive, and it still is. The On/Off button is now only working if I press down hard on it.

So, about an hour ago, I decided to connect to it to iTunes, and surprisingly, it tells me to do so instantly. After a few minutes, it tells me the iPhone can't be restored, and I had to do the process again. Now, it is seeming to restore via iTunes.

Has this ever happened to anyone before? If so, is this problem solvable?

-TheAppleGeek

UPDATE: iTunes just told me my iPhone has been restored to factory settings, and to wait until the iPhone screen on iTunes comes up. But, it takes me back to the screen saying I need to restore it.

What's going on?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Are you jailbroke? What kind of phone? 3GS?

Put it in DFU mode (see my sig) and try again to restore it (unless you answer yes to the above questions).

3. TheAppleGeek thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the link, but my Home button is unresponsive. Therefore, I can't go into UDF mode.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not much you can do software wise about water damage. Its a hardware issue.
    Next time try not to be out in the rain with your iphone.