Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChandlerXJ

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
Ok. I solved the problem of unlimited texts that I've been addressing. If you have a family pan, and have unlimited family texts, unlimited texts DOES apply to the iphone. So, if you have an account with more than 1 line, and you want unlimited texts, just pay the 29.99 (rape price) and everyone will have the benefit of the unlimited texts. I believe the iPhone unlimited is what, 20 EXTRA dollars? Scrape up 9.99 of the dirty linoleum floor (Cramer) and get everyone texting.

I was told manyatimes that unlimited family would not apply, but ah-ha, it does - and thank god..

kdarling

macrumors P6
Someone over on the Apple forum recently reported a different kind of SMS limit.

He was used to keeping a lot of the messages for "years" on his old phone, so he thought he could do the same on iPhone.

Then he got a "Text message storage almost full, please delete some messages" warning, and sure enough, soon he stopped getting new messages at all.

Anyone else seen this?

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
I read that same thing over there. Kind of disapointing. On my Treo, I still have all the texts ging back two years from when I first got the phone. Same with the phone call records, all the way back to the beginning.

Still the iPhone is too nice to quit using it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.