iPhone Unlock 1.1.2 - Factory Installed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eddiestein, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Eddiestein macrumors member

Is it possible to unlock a factory installed iPhone 1.1.2? I haven't bought it yet so when I do, it'll probably have the new bootloader.

I was thinking that I could downgrade 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 and then unlock for 1.1.1?

Eddie

2. jonny macrumors regular

enh.

Wrong.
    you could jailbreak and use ipod and browswer functionality, but the phone will not work for calls.

3. Eddiestein thread starter macrumors member

Is there a way to tell if an iPhone is 1.1.1? Possibly a date, or maybe the week of the serial number?

Eddie

4. Eddiestein thread starter macrumors member

If I jailbreak now, I won't be able to use it for calls now, but when an unlock is released, would it work?

Eddie

5. Eddiestein thread starter macrumors member

6. seedster2 macrumors 6502a

It will allow you to jailbreak after downgrading from a factory 1.1.2 iPhone but it's the new baseband that accompanies 1.1.2 which prohibits the unlocking.

If you need to unlock right away i would suggest you try at an ATT with less traffic, they may have some 1.1.1 stock.

7. marky marc macrumors newbie

Check out this site, will give you all you need. Look for 'How do i downgrade a 1.1.2 phone' about half way down the page.

You will need for restore 1.1.1, jailbreak it, then downgrade the baseband to the 1.1.1 version, restore 1.1.1 again, jailbreak it and run anySIM to completely unlock it.

All instructions and tools are there on the site, you will need a wifi connection for the phone to download the tools.

Fairly simple and works a treat!

8. sananda macrumors 68020

are you saying that you have unlocked a 1.1.2. phone?

9. Eddiestein thread starter macrumors member

Couldn't find that thread. All I found was one by mattrobinson.

I've got the iPhone and it's activated, not jailbroken. My Mac was at the Apple Store (for dust removal - and they said it's a "scratch" so I'm dealing with them on that) so I only had a Windows machine. I used iDemocracy.

Eddie

10. Eddiestein thread starter macrumors member

The bootloader is on the baseband, so it seems like if I downgraded my baseband, it could work. Has anyone else tried this?

Eddie