iPhone unlock affect At&t signal?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jlluna, May 13, 2010.

1. jlluna macrumors 6502

Hello, I have an iPhone 3GS jail broken, running 3.1.2 I have a contract with AT&T and was planing on selling my phone on eBay, so I figured I will unlock it with blacksn0w,so I could get more people interested in buying the phone,but now my AT&T signal seems weaker than before. Is it just me or does unlocking the phone affect service. Thanks!

2. phrint macrumors 6502

If you use blacksn0w for the unlock then there are some signal stability issues. I used SBS settings to turn the 3G connection off and on again to reset it and that often worked. I was only unlocked to tether until I learned about the terminal work around.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Remove the blacksnow unlock for now since your on AT&T and install it again thru cydia right before you ship it out to the new owner. It only takes a minute to install it again.

4. murano macrumors member

I noticed the same thing.. It usually drops At&t signal when 3g is ON. Use Sbsetting to switch 3g on and off if thats not too big a deal for you.

5. jlluna thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank You! i just Removed blacksn0w through Cydia, I will keep an eye on it for the next few days. Thanks Again!