iphone unlock and warranty

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by tsdid, Feb 28, 2010.

1. tsdid macrumors newbie

I have a question regarding unlocking and the iphones warranty. I am thinking about unlocking and jailbreaking via blacksnow and blackrain. If I then switch to a different provider with an early termination will the iphones warranty be voided? If I needed to use the warranty, with blacksnow and blackrain I could restore it to factory before bringing into the store but I would not have att service. Any one know how they would handle an iphone with no att service. I could always put my old att sim back in the phone but the service wouldnt be there.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I have my phone on T-Mobile. When I need to take it into apple, I Just put my relative's AT&T sim card in there and that will be enough. :)

3. tsdid thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you restore you Iphone back to its origional state?

4. tsdid thread starter macrumors newbie

So in my case I would just hit restore in itunes, and restore it with a backup i created before jailbreaking with blackrain correct. Did you use blacksnow to unlock your iphone?

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

Just make sure to pick a non 3.1.3 FW when restoring. I used pwnage tool. I'm still on 3.1 because I see no reason to update.

6. tsdid thread starter macrumors newbie

is there a benifit of pwntool vs blacksnow. I assume pwntool is not perminent as well

7. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

No. But I'm more comfortable with Pwnage Tool.