iPhone unlock interest?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cowm007, Sep 3, 2007.

1. cowm007 macrumors regular

I've been keeping up with the iPhone unlocking saga and it seems iphonesimfree.com has finally started selling wholesale licenses to unlock the iPhone with their app. Unfortunately they only sell bulk licenses, starting with 50 @ $34 each. I'm guessing any company that buys these will sell em with a hefty markup so I thought I'd turn to the forums to see if there's any interest in the unlock.

I'm curious to see how many people are looking forward to this, but more importantly would be willing to pay to get it. If there's enough interest, maybe we can get a purchase going? I'd be willing to front the cost and then just distribute on a first come first serve basis, with no markup of course. (Maybe a dollar or two to make up for PayPal fees).

2. boby17 macrumors newbie

I will definitely get the software.
    There is now way I'm paying for a new contract
    with at&t. I'm planning to get an iphone in the next
    2 months so hopefully by then the software will be
    free of charge.

3. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

I'd definitely be interested. Maybe get in contact with Arn to start an official MR unlock reseller. It would be a good way for MR to make some money, buy some unlocks and resell them for $5 profit.

4. lapalapalapa5 macrumors newbie

id deffinetly be interested in pooling our money together
    like you said, companies would be putting a very high markup on the software

5. mr1581 macrumors 6502

6. McGiord, Sep 3, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Donate to the devteam

Why don't you better give the money to the people that will be able to give you the unlock for free? Instead of giving it to the $ minded...:confused:
    ________
    vaporizer affiliate

7. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

I agree. As much as I want to know about a working unlock solution now, i'd rather contribute to those who plan on releasing a legit software to the public for free than some scammers who "only accept bank transfers". Especially when the free dev team release is imminent...

8. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

I'm already on T-Mobile, so yes I might be interested. I wonder if you "need" to have a data plan in place in order to use. I would only use the web part at home I suppose, since i have no data plan in place at this time.

I may just wait for revision 2 to come out (of the iPhone)

9. thats nice macrumors member

I will be very interested if apple don't release a iPod touch! So i'll decide after September the fifth

10. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Im gonna wait until I can get iPhone unlock software for free.

11. phildathrill01 macrumors newbie

Count me in...Pooling is a great idea. I can't go one more day not being able to use this phone..