iPhone Unlock Issues... am I the only one?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pdpfilms, Sep 15, 2007.

1. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

So I've been using the GUI iUnlock for a few days now, and it's been pretty unpredictable for me. Though it seems most people are getting it to work 100% all the time...

The software unlocks my iPhone perfectly right after a full restore. But as soon as I turn off and restart the iPhone, it's as if the software has been reversed. I get the message that there is an incorrect SIM, and I can't place calls or send texts. The Carrier setting in the General Settings menu still exists, but all options are greyed out.

The worst part is I've restored 5 times now, and reinstalled iUnlock 5 times, and it does the same thing EVERY time. Can everyone else restart their unlocked iPhone with no issues?

2. vega07 macrumors 65816

perhaps you should try the harder/manual way of unlocking. I haven't tried the GUI but I can tell you that mine works 100% of the time after the manual method of unlocking.

3. pdpfilms thread starter macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Thanks to Compile 'em All, it's fixed. The issue was a bad activation, as I used the default AT&T SIM, not my T-Mobile. I hadn't heard that this was a necessary step, but it clearly is.