Iphone Unlock/Lock Sounds

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrisiscrisis, Apr 10, 2011.

1. chrisiscrisis macrumors newbie

Does anyone know where those sounds originate from? It sounds like some sort of latch when it opens and when it closes it sounds like someone closing a zippo.

Anyone know where these sounds are from?:confused:

2. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

they are from apple....haha.

3. chrisiscrisis thread starter macrumors newbie

That's obvious but I'd like to know if anyone knew the source. They're really interesting sounds...

Maybe I should talk to a sound engineer or those people who make sounds out of hitting meat or crashing metal boards together.:p

4. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

The "lock" definitely sounds like a small spring loaded latch closing and locking in place. (like latching a small door) You can hear the little detent clicking in place at the end.

The "unlock" sound is trickier. Certainly the post processing and added reverb makes it a bit harder to pinpoint, but it reminded of something and I just can't place it.

5. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

6. Reefbone macrumors regular

I've noticed sometimes my unlock sound works and sometimes it doesn't (yes it's enabled). Also notices that I often don't get my new Email tone until after I open the new email. Do these behaviours fall into the "sloppy animations bucket"? Just seems glitchy sometimes.