Iphone unlock, no pc, no itunes, no its not stolen read before you bite

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by emze30, Aug 14, 2013.

1. emze30 macrumors newbie

evenin all..

without meaning to sound too :eek: on my first thread, please anyone who's going to jump on this with the 'eer you stole it' remark, bore off and dont bother reading further as ive spent the last 4hrs reading threads & pages trying to get 'advice' from 'experts' on the pickle im in and all ive read is sarcastic stole it comments.. go play games elsewhere and let the mature ones see if they can help.... :eek::eek: how rude i know..

anywho's.....

.. i 'had' a samsung galaxy s on contract... i dropped it one xmas in snow..i was sad ..someone found it according to local pub.... and was going to hand it to police..i was happy...they never did...i was sad..got a repl sim from 02..i admit im 'anti' iphone BUT as my galaxy was no where to be seen, it would never know i cheated.. so bought my mums spare iphone 3gs off her..chucked sim in, worked fine..we got on well..didnt have itunes etc on my pc but didnt need to as it was still registered to hers & had use of her email/passwords for apps etc.. year later my upgrade was due so i got a new galaxy again... my iphone affair was over & it went into kitchen drawer of secrets, lies & doom........

another year passes, im feeling sinful & decide to use iphone for work..comes out of drawer doom...the passcode i never thought id forget i forgot..phone disabled.. no biggy me thinks, take it up to mum to plug in and do the restore thing...

our affair would have been perfect had my mum after 2+yrs not deactivated or whatever it is you do the 3gs from her mac and also having her own endless iphone/printer issues informed me im not going anywhere near it to reboot..a tad unfair me thinks.. but i sulk away

now in my ideal world, someone will say..no itunes, no problemo just press magic button, count to 3, bark like a dog and back up and running..

not gonna happen.. so can i do any of these..

Download a new itunes account (urgh) on to my pc, plug it in and do the reboot thing, will this work if the phone was never register to pc.. dont care what gets wiped, i pretty much deleted everything on route to drawer of doom...and then activate this phone to my new itunes account/pc

or

try to sweet talk mum in to letting me plug it in when her macs back up and running and reboot on hers...not sure if its even the same computer she originally registered it to..would that matter?

any sensible advice appreciated :)

much love

2. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

If it was mine I would download iTunes on your pc and then set everything up as new with a user account and phone etc and start fresh :)

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Yep, DFU restore is probably easiest (please note you'll lose any data on the phone).

1. Load up iTunes and connect the phone cable.
    2. Hold the top and front buttons for 10 seconds (time this, don't just guess).
    3. Release the top button but continue to hold the front button until iTunes says that it's found a phone in recovery mode (approximately 10 seconds).
    4. Release the front button.
    5. Click Restore in iTunes and follow the instructions.

4. emze30 thread starter macrumors newbie

high 5, cheers guys. gonna try this tomoz. dont care about losing everything. i take it i need simcard in when restoring

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I don't know whether you *need* it, but it doesn't hurt to have it in there.