iPhone Unlock Scam

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by f.riaz, Jun 26, 2010.

1. f.riaz macrumors newbie

Hi

Just joined this website to report this thing. I was a victim of the 3.1.3 on the 3GS. So I went to a couple of websites. Many were reported scams. This wasn't so I trusted it. But lets promote this one as being the same.

www.iphoneunlockuk.com
    www.iphoneunlockusa.com

They are the same website and attract you into buying there software for unlock (they renamed spirit as there software and let people download it for crying out loud). I think people should share there experience and demote these people

I signed up. They told me that they could unlock the software pronto. Well after payment they said please wait few more days for ios4. Well I was annoyed but had done the payment so nothing could be done. But ios4 and not a public jailbreak yet (for latest baseband and stuff) and the website keeps saying that you unlock is being prepared. Funny stuff, they ask for imei on sale, it is NOT linked to imei. One claim MAY be true though. I think they do provide unlock (factory) for O2 UK customers. But even that requires a prepaid Sim card of O2 with £16 in it. They explain that it is a revenue share agreement with O2. Nothing of which is mentioned in FAQ, at least at the time I am writing this. ANd they never answer the trusty phone line support.

Anyways its just to let people know of one more scam out there.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

There are sites too numerous to number doing this. The regulars know that jailbreaking and unlocking is all free. It's the newbies and the desperate ones who get sucked in.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly.
    There's tons of them going up every day. Come to think of it they all sell free tools and exploits revealed by the dev team or geohot so they all charge you for something you can get for free and do yourself.

4. mackintard macrumors newbie

iphoneunlockusa a scam? huh? more details pls

Um did they eventually unlock your phone or not? If not did you get your money back? If your going to claim a scam some actual details besides aimless riffing on what you THINK vs what actually happened. Your post is not helpful as is please reply and update.

As for them selling what is already free I will quote from the iphone dev team blog:

iPhone 2G - not supported
    iPod Touch - not supported
    iPod Touch 3G - not supported
    PwnageTool 4.0 PwnageTool 4.01 only recognizes the official IPSWs that came out yesterday. If you had developer access to the “4.0 GM” IPSWs, do not try to use those.

Summary: Currently, PwnageTool only works on previously jailbroken 3GS devices with the old bootrom.

If you have a Jailbroken iPhone 3GS with the OLD BOOTROM and you DID NOT use Spirit to jailbreak then you can create the ipsw with PwnageTool 4.0 and restore with your jailbroken recovery mode.
    If you have an iPhone 3GS with the NEW BOOTROM this is NOT supported by PwnageTool 4.0 PwnageTool 4.01

And this goes on forever. The free stuff doesnt work you see? Unless you jailbroke with the free stuff a long time ago and you somehow had a time machine to tell you how to prepare to do this unlock in the future. In otherwords it applies mostly to the iphone dev team themselves. There is no IOS4 jailbreak for anyone but them.

So the real question is/are: Is iphoneunlockusa a scam? And if they are not, they claim to unlock every model of every os so that would sound like its worth it.

5. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

WTF is that?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Hey don't believe us then. Just go and give them your money and see how far you get.
    If all the hacker groups don't have a solution out yet u think any of those random sites do? You can't be serious.
    Are you the owner of any if those scam sites by any chance?
    BTW just so you know the free stuff ALWAYS works and will always be free. The scam sites will always repackage them and sell them after the "free stuff" is released just like its been for years.
    Pwnage tool might not work for certain scenarios but redsnow, blackrain, spirit and many other JB and unlock tools do work for many instances that you mentioned.
    What you have listed is what the latest pwnagetool for firmware 4.0 supports/jailbreaks.
    But judging by your post you're either clueless or you're trying to mislead a few newbies to fall pray to your scam.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

So tell me Mr. Expert these sites listed above can do what the Dev-Team can't and they never use software from the Dev-Team or Geohot, Comex or other Dev's I am of course asking of course because you are a expert! please teach us sensi! see guys the Newbs know best! :D and the ones that join just to tell us how great these sites. Well they are just doing us a favor, so kind of them!

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I know, we should listen to some newbie that just registered with 1 post and go to those unlock sites and give them our credit card numbers :)
    What are we all doing here waiting for jb and unlock tools and shshs hosts by the dev team?
    BTW just as a precaution, everyone stay away from IPHONEUNLOCKUSA, its a scam. Dont fall for it and dont waste your money on them period.

9. yifanlu macrumors member

Nope, they're 100% legit. But the tools ONLY work if you PM me your credit card info and SSN. Don't ask why, the system is weird that way.

10. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. You have zero knowledge about unlock or jailbreak. "The free stuff doesn't work"? What about your paid stuff? Is it working? The paid stuff you are paying is actually the free stuff from the dev-team smartass. That is why the website is asking you to wait! Cause the free stuff isn't out yet therefore they can't charge you!