iphone unlock screen - App uses it to show reminders

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Manj27, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Manj27 macrumors member

Make Your Day Media Offers RemindYou Time Management for iPhone
    319 words
    11 June 2008
    Wireless News
    English
    (c) Copyright 2008 M2 Communications, Ltd. All Rights Reserved

Make Your Day Media announced availability of its new time management application, RemindYou, for the Apple iPhone.

RemindYou (http://www.makeyourdaymedia.com/MoreInfo.htm) is an application which turns the iPhone into time management by increasing access to the user s appointment schedule. RemindYou syncs iCal, Outlook, or Entourage events to the lock screen of the iPhone and displays upcoming appointments every time they use the phone.

Make Your Day Media CEO, Benjamin Shell, said, "Everyone is familiar with Apple's commercials showing the iPhone being answered with the swipe of a finger. That screen, a picture of the earth from space, is perhaps the most viewed, under utilized screen on the iPhone - it is seen every time the phone is unlocked - literally dozens of times a day for the average user. RemindYou retrieves the owner's appointment schedule and overlays it onto that screen.

"Once installed, you begin to rely upon your iPhone for your appointment schedule, something you can not do easily without RemindYou. It's addictive and can literally change the way you use your iPhone. It becomes second nature to glance at your schedule every time you unlock the iPhone to answer a call, check your email, or browse the web.

"You ll never miss another meeting, conference call, or soccer game because you forgot to check your appointment schedule. RemindYou s effectiveness lies in its simplicity."

RemindYou features include:

-Adjustable font, size, and color -24-hour time format support -Ability to dim bright wallpapers -Show appointments 6 weeks away.

-Can show over a dozen appointments -Low-power requirements, will not drain iPhone battery

RemindYou is available to as a free download with a 14-day free trial and a lifetime license can be purchased, which includes all RemindYou features.

2. alFR macrumors 68020

Assuming, that is, that you've lost the use of both hands and can't tap on the calendar icon.

3. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

Although I disagree with his assertion that the iPhone is useless as a planner without it, I think I might find something like that useful. Being able to see my next appointment with a single click -- instead of click, swipe, (possibly another click), touch -- could be a nice convenience. However, $20 is a little much I think. I'd probably be willing to pay $12, assuming it's executed well enough.

4. Wildog27 macrumors member

Since I'm switching from WM to an iPhone on July 11, I've been looking for something like this and except for the cost, this looks really good.

5. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

Wirelessly posted (PPC; 240x320; HTC_TyTN/1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7))

Because I'm on my ****** winmo phone I won't attempt to look at the link, but is this like that mock-up/concept that was being discussed in a thread a little while back? stolen idea?

6. Wildog27 macrumors member

No, it's much cleaner with just the information itself, rather than having to hit anything.

[​IMG]

7. earnjam macrumors 6502a

earnjam

It's similar, but the other thread had more features to it. This just looks like it shows the daily calendar.

8. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

While I'll be using the iPhone as a planner/calendar extensively, I still don't want to see all of that the first time I look at my iPhone. But that's just me.

9. cjbryce macrumors 6502

cjbryce

OK, it's Windoze, not a great layout, cluttered, over-fussy and certainly not as pretty as iPhone, but this is the bare minimum of info required for an at-a-glance unlock screen IMO.

[​IMG]

10. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

I agree... crowded. But I still wouldn't want all of that info on my unlock screen. I'm very minimalist and a little OCD. I don't want to see that stuff unless I want to see that stuff.

Of course I'm the guy with nothing on my desktop and the bare minimum of icons on my menu bar.