Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

InfernoUk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
hey guys

Just wondering how i can sell my iphone on ebay as unlocked? as apparently it looses the unlock after restores and i would need to restore it before sending it off hence loosing the unlock, yet i see iphones unlocked by o2 for sale? can anyone help me with this as its a good selling point and i cant work it out

thanks for your time

iMacDragon

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2008
UK
If it has officially been unlocked, it should be re-unlocked each time it's restored during the activation stage, if things are working properly. Mine certainly says phone has been unlocked each time its been restored since.

SAFC2403

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2007
Sunderland, UK
hey guys

Just wondering how i can sell my iphone on ebay as unlocked? as apparently it looses the unlock after restores and i would need to restore it before sending it off hence loosing the unlock, yet i see iphones unlocked by o2 for sale? can anyone help me with this as its a good selling point and i cant work it out

thanks for your time

Once it's restored open itunes and plug the phone in. it will immediately tell you it's unlocked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.