iPhone Unlocked Future 3G (may want to stick with ATT)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MotionxxUSxx, Sep 15, 2007.

1. MotionxxUSxx macrumors 6502

I have both an ATT and Tmobile account and currently unlocked my iphone. I was debating about taking the iphone to tmobile when it occurred to me that when apple releases a 3g phone in the near future, having a tmobile account will be useless since the 3g iphone will not work with tmobile 3g frequencies. Therefor I have decided to stick with ATT and upgrade to the 3g phone when it arrives.

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

You'll have to buy a whole new iPhone when/if 3G comes out anyways...

3. MotionxxUSxx thread starter macrumors 6502

ofcourse, but if you decided to stick with tmobile and no longer have an att account, 3g would be useless to you. You would than need to pay the etf on your tmobile account if you have one and sign up again with att (2yr contract)

4. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C28 Safari/419.3)

I think you make a pretty good point. First it is a phone. Since you have both how is the signal strength of both. If the same why not stick with ATT.

5. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

Will 3G REPLACE EDGE, or will 3G just be added to it?

I am not up on the cell phone industry. How does this usually work?

6. Mark0824 macrumors newbie

T-Mobile last year bought the spectrum meed for 3G. THey just have not rolled anything out. The rumor was that the spectrum they bought was being used by a govt entity and they weer slow to give it up.

Do a search for T-mobile and 3g and there are many articles. I dont expect a 3G iPhone until next year. One thing to consider is thet 3G drains the battery very fast.