Iphone Unlocking in my pocket???

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kwyn, Jul 10, 2009.

1. kwyn macrumors regular

Every now and then it unlocks itself and makes a call from my pocket or opens up apps???

Has never happened before updating to 3.0. Don't know if that means anything. Just mentioning it.

Help please.

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Was it on when you slipped the iPhone into your pocket? Make sure you 'lock' it before you put it in, by pressing the button on the top (left or right?).

3. kwyn thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah. I always lock it before putting it away. I think?:confused:

Weirdest thing..

4. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

If you are sometimes inadvertently putting into your pocket unlocked, the screen is facing you leg, and the material in the pocket is thin then you could be pressing stuff with your leg. You can tap the screen through thin materials.

5. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Put a passcode on it. Then even if your leg motion accidentally activates the slider, you're safe.

:rolleyes:

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Despite what everyone else said to you, I don't think that is normal and shouldn't happen inadvertently whatever you have in your pocket (since it takes wamth from your finger to actually complete that swipe). I'd either do a restore or take it back.

7. Vidder macrumors regular

Vidder

Maybe you have little people in your pocket who are messing with you phone.

8. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

That may well be, but I still reckon a passcode will frustrate their best efforts, provided you don't tell them what it is. Take the phone out of your pocket before you key in the code, then they can't see it.