Iphone unlocking problems... HELP!!! pls

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lfrancisconi, Sep 17, 2007.

1. lfrancisconi macrumors newbie

I am having problems.
    Here is the situation:
    I've just bought the Iphone and didn't activate with AT&T (I am from Canada).
    I am on windows...
    So I did the following:
    I installed the right Itunes version (the old one required)... The iphone firmware is 1.02
    :(
    I've done the HEX modification and with the help of the registration server, I was able to activate it (?) at least I am able to play with anything else.
    Then I proceeded with Jailbreaking it. I followed the steps and I seem to have done it (even though the confirmation never finished...). I was able to install anysim and Iunlock.
    I've tried both but none work.
    In Anysim, the DUMPING NOR takes around 20 min and then I get FAILED UNLOCK couldn't find bytes to patch...
    With the Iunlock, I click on it, I get a blank screen and nothing happens (I waited 8 hours...).

Any idea of what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Leonardo

2. gallinger macrumors regular

Hey, Im also in canada. I used this guide and it unlocked my iphone and it worked like a charm. I found it pretty easy.

http://iphone.unlock.no/

I used iNdependence to unlock the iPhone and jailbreak then to install SSH, I then went on to use Cyberduck to navigate in the iPhone. GOOD LUCK

3. lfrancisconi thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. I will give it a try.
    I was only using the automatic methods... (anysim and Iunlock).

Are you with Rogers or Fido? I am with Fido. I hope it works fine...

Did you have to fix youtube after?

Leo

4. gallinger macrumors regular

I am with Rogers, After you go through the unlocking process and you are finnished. you will have to unlock the iPhone with iNdependence or iActivate. I used iNdependence on my mac, and with that the most recent version will fix youtube for you when you Activate the iPhone with it.

5. lfrancisconi thread starter macrumors newbie

but remember that I am, running windows....

;-(