iPhone unlocking.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by matais3, Apr 23, 2011.

1. matais3 macrumors newbie

Hi if im in the wrong category im sorry. this is my first post here. I was wondering why is it , that when you restore to factory settings, and the end of it , it says "iphone is now unlocked" or something along those lines. Does this mean the phone is unlocked and I am free to use any sim in it?

2. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

no.

nor does it say that.

you can prove me wrong by posting a screenshot of this as your situation may be unique.

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

I'm guessing you mean this msg you get in Itunes. You will see this if your phone is unlocked.

[​IMG]

4. wxman2003 Suspended

You have left details out. Where did you buy phone? Did you buy from AT&T, or elsewhere?

5. matais3 thread starter macrumors newbie

There you go I did prove you wrong. now could someone please tell me what it means, can i use any simcard in it once i seen that message?

6. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

Yes, if you are getting that message your phone should be factory unlocked. You can tell for sure by inserting a different provider's sim card like T-Mobile etc.

7. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

As the message says, your phone is unlocked.

That's either because you purchased it unlocked from Apple or a carrier, or it has been subsequently unlocked by your carrier.

You can use it with a SIM from any carrier worldwide.