iPhone iPhone Unlocking

cmcconkey

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 22, 2005
Rocky Face, GA
I am looking to unlock an iPhone 4 that I purchased.

The issue is that I am on a Small Business plan with AT&T but I am not the plan owner, or what ever they call it, I am only authorized to make in store changes. This plan is under a corporate umbrella so it will take a bit to get in contact with the right person so that I can get the phone unlocked through AT&T. Are there any other ways that are possible to get the phone unlocked? I am not really wanting to go through the hassle of jailbreaking and I would rather not pay to have it done since I am trying to maximize my profit on my iPhone because I have a buyer but they need to have it unlocked.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
The iPhone can be unlocked by any AT&T customer (account holder), just as long as the iPhone isn't tied to a contract.

cmcconkey

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 22, 2005
Rocky Face, GA
Ok, so the old iPhone's IMEI is not tied to my employer's account? The 4s that I purchased to replace the 4 is still active on the same number and is in good standing. Just never done this before and wanting to get rid of the phone cuz I need the money.

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
It shouldn't be anymore since you're using the 4S now. AT&T would have had to change the IMEI of the iPhone in their system.