iPhone Update 1.1.3 Confirmed Authentic, Video

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fivetoadsloth, Dec 29, 2007.

1. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

A video has surfaced of the alleged 1.1.3 features from Gizmodo and an interview- though not quite- with Natetrue from iBrickr confirms all of the new features.

Natetrue also stated that all current unlocking methods/jailbreaking methods have been destroyed.

2. mmfy macrumors regular

So how did he get his name by the signal bar?!

3. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Supposedly it is a change that isn't altered by the 1.1.3 update... That was the first thing I noticed, too, when I watched the video.

4. mmfy macrumors regular

Interesting - might be a hole into a new jailbreak then...

*leaves it for the hackers to figure out*

5. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

well the only thing that bothers me is the activation problems i want use my iphone in europe on a different network :(

6. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

"......It installs on the phone no-questions-asked and for that you need to have Apple's private key, which i can confirm that the iphone hacker community does not have—as much as we would love to have it." Indeed, Apple's private encryption key hasn't been uncovered yet.

It breaks AnySim's unlock and you can't unlock this update using AnySim and activation only works if you do it through iTunes using a regular AT&T account, as he pointed out: "that is the only way we have been able to activate so far." Nate tried to upgrade an AnySim 1.2u iPhone and it failed. Even while he was able to force it to boot, the phone refused to activate even with a normal AT&T SIM card. "I suspect it's due to the fact that the baseband could not be upgraded to the 1.1.3 'required' version", he pointed out.

Your third-party apps will be gone too, with no possibility of return for now because the update fixes "the jailbreak method we were using for 1.1.2, locking us out again, as expected..........."

....and the Cat & Mouse game continues

7. spinstorm macrumors 65816

As far as I understand - it is possible to change certain settings on the iPhone WITHOUT Jailbreaking.

But it requires knowledge of "hackingness" lol abilities which far exceed most of us here but which someone like the guy that created iBrickr (the original iphone jailbreaking software) can do easily.

Of course it may be that the name remains from BEFORE the update to 1.1.3 but all the software we use to jailbreak connects to the iphone using a program called iPhuc - it lets you access the phone and make certain changes and so that argument is redundant in my opinion.

At the end of the day this IS the 1.1.3 update and as the baseband is going to be upgraded again (as we know from the fact that it messed up already unlocked phones) the iPhone Dev Teams can now unlock the 1.1.2 phones!

So this is great news - not only does 1.1.3 have some cool features but it should mean 1.1.2 phones are now going to be unlockable.

8. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

idk its sketchy

the only problem i have with it is the fact that he has his name in the menu bar. the other thing, is why does it drag off to another screen, as if its on a second home screen. that is a dumb idea if the first one isnt filled

9. veeco3110 macrumors 6502

veeco3110

if youve ever hacked your iphone before, the iphones comes with that preprogrammed in it from the start. ((ex. multiple web pages)) im assuming its mainly for the purpose of hiding the icons ou dont use often while keeping more open spaces available for programs to be put in there spots. such as the webpage feature that may now be available and after the SDK is released and people have the ability to use other programs for the iphone they haveto go somewhere...

as for the credibilty of this particular rumor of the 1.1.3. i would just like to know where these people from that web sites gained access to it ahead of everyone else????

10. Jeef690 macrumors member

I say FAKE. The icons in the photo of moving the icon are aligned but in the video they are wobbly. And I think apple would use a more elegant method than the bounce. It just looks bad.

11. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I think it looks good, something Apple would do...

12. otis123 macrumors 6502a

looks real to me, hell of alot of work just to do a fake video that will be forgot in a day, and i know those maps are real ;)

13. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

Smells good...strongest rumor going for MWSF2008

14. infosprt macrumors regular

I don't see the big deal with moving ICONs on the home screen. I certainly hope the update has more substantial fixes and features than this.

Some one please clue me in... What good does it do to move an ICON from one spot on the screen to another.

15. cbrain macrumors 65816

cbrain

It allows you to order icons to your liking.

16. pranavss11 macrumors 6502

I am feeling 5 January 2008. You did not get this from me. ;))))

and yes, it's real. He used "Make It Mine" program by Erica, which helped him keep the name. The Apple Update does not affect the "non-apple part" ( AT-T)

17. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

If you have 3 pages of icons, you can have your favourites on the first page etc.

You can have a row of games, a row of sound apps, a row of utilitarian apps etc.

18. OW22 macrumors 6502

OW22

Not sure about this update meaning the 1.1.2 OTB phones can be unlocked...

This bootloader runs a signature check on the baseband software EVERYTIME it boots..That is bad news obviously if true.

I think Apple have moved the game on and that unlocking with ease as was the case before with AnySim etc is now gone. There will be new methods, you can count on it, but they may be more complicated (and costly).

For now it looks like Turbosim et al may well be the only option for the next number of weeks...

19. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    I think this update goes a long way towards resolving a number of things. The BIGGEST effect will be that it totally helps out Web Apps, and more specifically web app launchers. One of my mine issues with web apps is not being able to launch them from the home page. --Then, rearranging is fixed. AND completing the multi-page functions (that had hooks in the last updates that people exposed). SUPER-AWESOME.

Hoping this is a nice New Year's Gift.

~ CB

20. andyp171 macrumors newbie

Fake

I say fake, you only have to look at the images on gearlive.com and you can see that the popups are not even central or staight compaired to the iphone they are on, and the lighting seems incorrect.......?

21. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Please read the article. We don't need to question its authenticity at this point, AT ALL.
    http://gizmodo.com/338948/iphone-firmware-113-video-and-confirmation-by-iphone-hacker
    My suggestion at this point... is to stick to what it means, and not "if" its real.

Just in case you don't want to click the link however...
    ~ CB

22. SRSound macrumors 6502

PLEASE just give me a native iChat client (no hacking) that integrates with the phone just like SMS with those nice pop-up bubbles, etc! Is that too much to ask??

23. ahand macrumors member

+1

24. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Probably not, but it'll be nice to put a BeeJive icon on the homepage. Apple can call them Web Apps all they want, but they REALLY screwed themselves by not allowing web shortcuts on the homepage (if that were the case). I know they were scrambling though...

~ CB

25. Project macrumors 68020

The edited operator name in the menubar is a nonissue - that is in the user partition and not the core firmware partition. Its in there with user settings and whatnot and survives firmware upgrades.

As for an iChat client, there will be plenty come February.