Iphone Update 1.1.4 dosen't play songs

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gajoey, Feb 26, 2008.

1. gajoey macrumors newbie

I updated my iPhone today and now it dosen't play any songs. I know my headphones work because I just used them in my computer. I tried a hard reset and it didn't do anything. When I press play on a song the play icon shows up on the top right hand corner but the song dosen't advance or play. When i pull the headphones out and fwd to the next song it will play and will continue playing when i put my headphones back in, but when i fwd to the next song it quits playing. I'm at school so i can't erase/resore my phone. Has anyone else had this problem?

regular phone sounds, like the keyboard and the sleep button (?), play through the headphones

2. whatever macrumors 6502a

Worked perfectly for me.

3. carve macrumors 6502a

carve

4. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I highly doubt it's 1.1.4 related. Here is the best solution...

5. gajoey thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah, i had that problem before so i tried the headphone thing, didn't work this time. when i hit play, it seems to freeze, the play icon shows but the counter goes to 1 second and stays there

6. gajoey thread starter macrumors newbie

I just got home from class and did an erase/restore and that seems to have fixed the problem.

7. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

yeah, mine did the same thing...I made a thread but no one responded (115 views too!). anyway, i ended up doing a full restore so it works now.