iPhone update 1 message to multiple receiptians?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DuRui, Mar 11, 2008.

1. DuRui macrumors member

Hi guess...seriously looking into buying an iPhone soon but I wonder whether or not they updated the phone so I can just sent one message to like 4 different people i selected from my phonebook yet?
    Couldn't find it on the forum and on google it only said impossible..but I found some rumors on it being introduced...anybody know perhaps?
    Thanks in advance!

2. m477h3w macrumors 6502

This was introduced two updates ago :D So the simple answer is yes! Just a shame you can't forward texts yet :rolleyes:

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

yes. the 1.1.3 update, released in january, allows you to send a text to multiple recipients.

4. DuRui thread starter macrumors member

awesome thanks for the quick response guys ;)

Gotta settle for a unlocked one though..they don't officially sell iPhone's in China...guess I gotta find a 1.3 version somewhere ;) merci !

5. nlivo macrumors 6502a

6. DuRui thread starter macrumors member

I read a guide to unlocking the phone somewhere once...is it still that much a hassle??

7. nlivo macrumors 6502a

hassle? All you have to do is download an application, plug your iPhone into the computer and then click a button, that is it.

8. DuRui thread starter macrumors member

I could click a button..heck I'll even click 2 ;)
    So if I buy a 1.1.1 or 1.1.3 or whatever model (can't get the 1.1.4 here for some reason) I can just update it on the net use the ZiPhone (<??) app to unlock it after I updated it and be a happy camper using a spiffy iPhone?

On a more bright side...how is the quality? I read that the first models had some touch screen problems after a month or 2?? Is that still the case?

One more question, let's say I buy a iPhone here ..imported from the US with receipt...let's say **** hits the fan and something breaks ..with the receipt and stuff can I sent it to the USA to get repaired? Obviously it's not sold here in China so Apple stores here won't help me... :( (not on sale in Japan or HK either *sigh*)