iPhone Update 2.slow

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gceo, Jul 24, 2008.

1. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

Arg. Is anyone else as frustrated as I am with the performance of the new update?

Every time I go into Contacts to call someone, there is a 1-2 second delay causing me to think my touch didn't register with the screen. There are also more slow downs in SMS and Safari. It seems that the whole phone is slower now. Sure it's nice to have Apps, but I miss my zippy crash free phone.

2. spicoli macrumors member

YES!
    I also noticed this morning that my e-mail was not "pulling" (Gmail and my standard ISP I have set up as IMAP and POP respectively). The only way to get it to fetch new emails was a restart. Along with the MM problems (losing all of my appointments... many times), I am very frustrated.

I am trying to be paitent though. I am holding out hope that Apple makes this right.

3. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

4. pigpen77 macrumors newbie

Same thing happened to me, was about to post if others experienced this problem. Just got my phone two days ago. I used it as is for one day before updating to 2.slow (LOL). It takes forever for contacts and other apps to load. The phone totally lost its zipp while activating an app after I upgraded to the latest update. Do we just have to wait for an Apple fix or has anyone figured a way around this?

5. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

The weird thing with 2.0 is that everything slows down eventually.

When you restore it, applications install very quickly. After a few days, they take forever to.

Same with contacts.

What I also notice is that the contacts application is a lot slower than the contacts tab in the phone application.

6. TimothyB macrumors 6502a

I've only had 2.0.1 3G iPhone, never experienced the original. But having it and trying to use all the cool stuff they demoed in the real is a real pain. It's like being tricked by a bad infommercial scam.

Apple shows such elegance and ease of use in all their videos, but not so.

The other day I wanted to buy iPhone Alarm Clock Radio, but I wanted to buy it at Best Buy (gift card) and Circuit City had it cheaper. So I loaded up the website at home and zoomed in on the price to show later at the store.

But before I got to best buy I used it again and made a separate webpage. Then back at best buy I switched to the Circuit City page, instead of just showing me it, it started to reload the page from scratch for no reason. As it was nealy loaded, double tap didn't zoom to the price. I start two finger zooming and panning, but it locks up before I get there.

I open Safari again. This time I think I needed to wait for the entire page to load before zooming. So I lower the phone to my side and walk around for it to load . But I think I caused it to crash again because I was causing it switch between portrait to landscape as I walked. I think by the third crash I finally had it back and zoomed in on the price ready to go up to the register. At that point I wish I had just printed the price at home.

I mean what the hell, that wasn't very convenient as advertised. Also, I managed to crash the app several times the other night when attempting to load up Tivo's website to check my tv listing just before a show could be starting, as I hate turning on a rear projector just for that. But I managed to crash Safari 3+ times again as I tried to recall my password. I ran out of time and turned on my tv to find a totally different schedule than expected, wasting probably an hour of my tv's bulb life by turning it on and off because the iPhone couldn't stop crashing in time for me to check the website.

It's one thing to test Safari as a gimmick, but when you actually need it and or in a rush, in a store, it only takes a little push to see how unstable the dang app is. Nothing like Apple advertised. Not having a Mac, I'd take this is what having a Mac must be like, as doesn't Apple tout that this is Mac OS X? I know that's not true, but this is no way to make an impression to an average buyer.