iPhone Update tomorrow??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by megfilmworks, Oct 29, 2007.

1. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

Does anyone have a feeling that tomorrow around 6pm we may get a small update for the iPhone?

2. Victor ch macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

Hmm might be the 16gb rumored one, but still I smell no updates until 08'. Thats just me, but sometime around Macworld we might see it.

-Victor

3. megfilmworks thread starter macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

4. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

No, I'm not getting that feeling. Like, at all. Mainly because I have no psychic powers.

5. Victor ch macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

Ohh my bad hehe. Who knows maybe, a new app to work as fancy as Leopard? Lets just hope that Leopard will support fully the ones with 1.0.2 (unlocked to be precise) as I don't want to update (brick) nor stay with Tiger.

-Victor

6. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

7. Pattycerts macrumors 6502

I would say that I DEFINITELY expect one soon, mostly because 1.1.1 has been jailbroken to the point where a caveman could do it.

I wouldn't expect much. Of all the things we have wished for (IM, MMS, A2DP, Crash-less Safari) all we have gotten is a double-space period, OTA Itunes, and a double-home function. And 2 of those were probably written in 30 seconds combined.

I don't get my hopes up anymore w/updates. We already have everything that was advertised with the phone. Well, except PUSH mail; I'd love to see an update for that. The one thing Apple bragged about that is unusable. You know they are fuming about that one.

8. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

Yup..I expect an update this week to finally squash that tiff/safari exploit. Maybe fix SMS lag, maybe add MMS.

9. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

I expect one soon. It has been over a month since 1.1.1 and a month between updates is as long as Apple has gone so far. Most likely within the next week or so.

10. paulo999 macrumors member

We have had a un verified but reasonably credible report that the uk stock will be 1.1.2, nov 9

If thats true, and its going to be pre loaded, then 1.1.2 must be close to freeze right now.

11. '73-B macrumors regular

If the only thing 1.1.2 did was fix the SMS lag I would be happy.

12. ne0star macrumors regular

Well i'm expecting some form of update for the UK launch even if it's just security fixes.

There is no way they will release the phone into a new territory with the ability to easily unlock it.

13. megfilmworks thread starter macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

Well, Apple loves Tuesdays, but if it isn't out in the next couple hours then maybe next Tuesday, which would be close to the speculated Nov 9th UK software.

14. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Well the 1.1.1 update was on like a thursday i believe. They may love tuesdays, but they wont rush out an update just to make it on a tuesday.

15. mitchz macrumors newbie

iPhone Update tomorrow??

<Does anyone have a feeling that tomorrow around 6pm we may get a small update for the iPhone?>

I predict that won't happen by Oct 31st. I would like to see contacts be able to be edited as they call into the iPhone. It is silly that I can't add a number or other info when one of my contacts calls me until after they hang up.
    Mitchell

16. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

If someone called you, wouldn't you be too busy talking to them to push buttons on your phone?

Or would you put them on hold while you added their contact info?

17. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

If you have it on speakerphone, use the headphones, or use a bluetooth headset you dont have to. Youll have full access.