Iphone updates

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cavtma, Sep 12, 2008.

1. cavtma macrumors newbie

I am seriously considering an iPhone (between that and the 32gig itouch) but space is a concern, as is the ATT contract.

1) Is there any chatter about when the next storage enhancement might arrive for the iphone?

2) does ATT (or now Best Buy) ever run any holiday iPhone discounts that I should hold out for?

Price is very important to me - I would hate myself if I bought something and then it realized a price drop half a year later through some promotion or otherwise.

Many thanks for your valued opinions,
    A

2. Errz macrumors member

For electronic product, price drop within half a yr is quite a norm yah?

3. reckless2k2 macrumors 6502a

considering the 1st gen iPhone path, i wouldn't expect to see any price drops at all. as far as drive capacity, i wouldn't expect to see a 32gb version until sometime in the late 1st quarter of 2009. even then, it's only a possibility based on the 16gb 1st gen update and when that happened.

they are supposed to be selling a non-subsidized iPhone sometime in the near future but the price will more than likely be way out of your range if price is a concern.

4. Ant1-Hero macrumors regular

Ant1-Hero

February 29th they will release iphone 4g and have 64gb storage

5. Jayden0606 macrumors 6502

* No one really knows when the next storage enhancement is coming. Apple seems to be keeping the Touch ahead by one step, so seeming that the 32gb just came out, don't expect to see the 32gb iPhone just yet.

* It's already subsidized, don't expect a sale. If they price job anymore, they might as well give it up for free.

6. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

Ha, Steve?

7. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

[​IMG]

Well I heard it here, it must be true!