iPhone upgrade attempts to upgrade... iTunes??!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rustypolymath, Sep 30, 2010.

1. rustypolymath macrumors newbie

Hello--

So, I upgraded my iPhone 3G to 4.0 after this latter came out, with the predictable problems ensuing. I was told 4.1 would be much better (i.e., usable); however, as I did not have time to back up my notes (I have Mac OS X 10.4 - can't upgrade as I have a PowerPC) I simply downloaded it at the time and saved it for later.

Now, today, when I click on "Update" on the iPhone screen, it says, "This version of iTunes (9.2.1) is up to date." What the HECK?? :confused::confused::confused:

I've tried everything, including deleting and reinstalling iTunes, which was a pain since Apple takes great pain to hide everything but Version 10 (incompatible with Tiger, naturally) on their web site.

Anyone able to help me sort out this mess? This is the culmination of a VERY NASTY week... my OH my. :mad:

Thanks in advance!
    Rusty POLYMATH

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

What is your question?
    The only thing that seems to be updated is your iTunes. You haven't said what iOS version you have.

3. DouchGod macrumors regular

DouchGod