iPhone Upgrade Dilemma

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tjmjr, Jan 28, 2009.

  1. tjmjr macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2009
    #1
    Hi all,

    I have a day one issue iPhone that had developed a problem - part of the touch screen is not responding. Tried all of the possible software fixes, but nothing works. I was planning to upgrade to the 3G at the next major update. Given the number of days since the last update, I figure something is in the works soon. Thus the dilemma: Do I throw in the towel and just go buy a new 3G? Or, do I live with a partially functional iPhone until the next update with no idea how long that will be? Thoughts anyone???

    Thanks - T.J.
     
  2. DPA macrumors 65816

    DPA

    #2
    Welcome to MacRumors! I hope we can assist you with your iPhone dilemma.

    If there is going to be an new iPhone out this year, it will probably be announced between May through June. Apple stated the the iPhone cycle is from May to August and September begins the iPod cycle. If you can live with this problem for a few more months then I would say stick with your iPhone you have now. By:
    Do you mean this is an iPhone you've had since June 29th 2007 or that this is the first day you've had the iPhone and there is a problem with it from day one? I think you mean number one but I wasn't sure. Because if you just got the iPhone, then you would already have the 3G and you could just take it back to the Apple store.

    David
     
  3. TonicAngel macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2003
    Location:
    California
    #3
    Welcome! My first gen iphone had the bottom half of the touch screen stop responding (after I dropped it in the sink no less - stupidity on my part!) I have never been able to get the touch screen to come back although the phone works flawlessly. I bit the bullet and got a new iphone today. I got sick of trying to find ways to work around the stuck bottom touch screen.

    It is really up to you and how long you can wait. If your phone is still functioning as a phone, then I would wait. If you cannot use much of anything, then obviously buy a new one. :)
     
  4. tjmjr thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2009
    #4
    I am happy to report that Apple replaced my Day 1 issue (as in out of warranty) iPhone and NO cost. No I am really looking forward to the next major update. Thanks Apple!!!
     

Share This Page